Weller WTBR 1000 Robot Soldering
Weller WTBR 1000 Robot Soldering
More than half a century of experience in soldering and superiority in innovation, allows us to take our customers to the next step in achieving production excellence. The new WTBR 1000
LED illuminated camera enables high-precision soldering with superior quality control
“On point “solder feeder next to the iron smoothly pulls the solder wire through the tube.
Safety cover fully encloses the integrated fume extraction system, protecting the user, work piece and equipment
Working area allows maximum flexibility (Drawer height 100 mm)
Highest soldering precision and superior reliability
- The Weller WTBR 1000 Robot Soldering is equipped with Weller‘s high performance Technology Line soldering tools, ensuring consistent quality of solder joints.
- The solder feeder is designed to be in close proximity to the workpiece (PCB), pulling the wire rather than pushing it through the feeder tube.
- The robust and sturdy construction ensures that no sudden movements or vibrations negatively affect the workpiece, the components or the tools.
Maximizing productivity, lowering cost
- A double drawer system allows continuous production thereby providing much higher process throughput, improving productivity and offering flexibility.
- The WTBR 1000 allows up to 50% cost saving versus hand soldering.
Easy to learn and use software
- The WTBR 1000 is operated with easy to learn and use software, enabling operators to start using the unit comfortably and quickly.
- It is easy to switch from one operator to another, with minimum time lost and without unnecessary training expenses.
Fully-enclosed system offers triple protection
- Being a fully-enclosed system, with integrated fume extraction, the WTBR 1000 Benchtop Robot allows our customers to achieve the highest level of safety: protecting the operator, the workpiece (PCB) and the machine.
- The fully-enclosed system provides a complete and CE-compliant solution to the customer
AUTOMATED SOLDERING STEP-BY-STEP
Move to cleaning position
The soldering head moves to the cleaning position and cleans the tip in the tip cleaner.
Remove solder supply while heating
The wire feeder is quickly retracted from the solder joint while the heat continues to be applied.
Move to working position
The soldering head leaves the cleaning position and moves to the working position.
Remove heat source
The soldering tip retracts from the solder joint and is ready for the next soldering task.
Pre-tin tip / Preheat joint / Solder
Uniquely WELLER®: a small, precise amount of solder wire is smoothly pulled, not pushed (as is conventional practice) onto the hot soldering tip to create a good thermal bridge for the soldering process:
- The tip is in direct contact with the
components to be soldered
- The temperature and force applied
to the joint is controlled
- While heating, solder is added
- Programmed parameters precisely
control the entire soldering process,
including the solder wire‘s speed
CLEANING TOOL PROCESS ♦
1. The brushes start rotating
2. Soldering tip moves down into the brushes, then moves sideways across the brushes (user defined)
3. The tip remains for a period of time in the brushes (user defined)
4. The soldering tip retracts out of the brushes
5. The brushes stop rotating